Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Show; don't tell.

I realized today that I've been talking about good reviews, and I haven't quoted any of them!  So, I decided to post a good sampling on here.

On Goodreads, it's averaging 4.17 out of 5 stars. The link to those reviews is HERE .
On Amazon it's averaging 5 out of 5 stars.  The link to those reviews is HERE .
On iBooks, it's averaging 5 out of 5 stars.
On the Nook, it is averaging 4 out of 5 stars.  The link to those reviews is HERE .

For Heartkeeper: Volume One (from Goodreads)

Henry gave it 4 out of 5 stars, and wrote the following as a review:

"This book starts out a little slow, but it ramps up pretty good after a little while. I liked that the characters sort of grew together believably.

Pros:

Relatively believable characters. Interesting magic concept. The political intrigue was well done.

Cons:

The writing itself isn't great -- passable, but not great. The author gets kind of caught up on certain turns of phrase from time to time.

Anyway, good book if you like high fantatsy. Good action. Good characters. Fun world. I gave it four stars."


Linda gave it 5 out of 5 stars, and wrote the following as a review:

"Not my normal genre,but decided to read on a recommendation by a friend. I am surely glad I did! Loved the magic and the way the author kept my attention while learning what the agenda of each character was. I could hardly put it down; definitely recommend that you read it. Can't wait till the next volume is released!"

 Phyllis Mcclain gave the book 4 out 5 stars and wrote:

"I don't know what it was about this book but I just couldn't put it down. I thought the world was well realized (the way he handled magic in particular was neat) and the characters weren't just archetypes. They seemed to react like real people would."

Amy Smith gave the book 3 out of 5 stars, and wrote:

 "It was a better than average read. Good characters and interesting world. Sometimes the writing is a little more introspective than it had to be. It wasn't a deal-breaker or anything, and some people might like it that way. It's just not my cup of tea. Either way, I'll read the next in the series, so I liked it okay. Good first novel."

On Amazon, it has received only one review, but it was a 5 out of 5 star.  It has also received 2 "likes."

Now, for my short story, Love, Eternal, which was published a couple of weeks ago...

This one is free, so it has understandably gotten a little more traffic.  However, it has only garnered two reviews.  It is averaging 4 out of 4 stars.  You can see its page HERE .


Nikki Jenkins gave it 4 out of 4 stars, and wrote:

"Nice little fairy tale."

Maranda Russell (you can follow her blog HERE )also gave it 4 out of 4 stars, and wrote:

"I love fairy tales and a good romantic story so this one was right up my alley. I should also mention that this story is well written and truly enjoyable to read. I look forward to seeing more from this author."


Those are the reviews I've found so far.  I hope it continues to receive positive reviews, and I also hope that reading this sampling of reviews will help to persuade readers to take a chance on a new author.


Thanks for your support.