Sunday, October 16, 2011

A few reviews...

I've only gotten a couple of reviews on Heartkeeper, but the few I've gotten have been encouraging. As for Love, Eternal, the response has been very, very promising. I wasn't completely convinced of its quality until I started getting feedback (which has been overwhelmingly positive). So that's always nice.

As for what I've been working on lately, my time has been primarily spent on the Bran Drayton book. I absolutely love world building, and the beginning of this book is devoted almost entirely to that (within the context of the story of course). I've started to divulge the history of the world and its inhabitants, and I think it's going to be something special by the time I finish it up.

However, I am being diverted (as sometimes happens) from my intended story arc. Some of my ideas about my characters are changing as I write their stories, and I think I'm on the verge of completely doing a 180 on some of my characters' roles within the story (villain, friend, hero, etc.). It's exciting stuff when the characters develop of their own accord. I think that's the sign of a really good foundation.

Anyway, that's all for today.